Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Considering Etsy

I'm debating opening an Etsy shop for myself; I had originally thought I would just sell at craft fairs, but from what I've been told, it's going to be tough to find any that have open available tables!  My sister has told me that several of the old-hands at crafting have been complaining that the fairs are full-up!  Since I've never done a fair before, I had no idea this was a problem.  At least etsy would reach out to more people!

Anyway!  This is what I did while I was on the search for another skein of yarn for my daughter's shrug that I posted. Since Halloween is on its way, and I live in Maine where the weather can be anywhere from tank-top to parka on October 31st, I thought maybe a monster hat would be a good idea!  I started by using the earflap pattern located at: http://allicrafts.blogspot.com/2011/12/free-pattern-earflap-hat-toddler.html  Alli has some REALLY cute stuff!  Anyway... After starting with that pattern I kinda used my imagination, and ended up with:


I absolutely love how this one came out!  That snaggle-tooth is pretty obnoxious, but it's my favorite part.  I'll probably make more, too, just because it was so much fun to make.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment